Lighting is something we take for granted – until it’s gone.
Well-designed lighting can transform the look of your home, while improving functionality and visibility.
While you may be able to change a lightbulb with ease, don’t be tempted to undertake installations or repairs yourself. Electrical work is dangerous. Instead, call in the professionals. We are lighting experts, and can install new lighting, update old lights, fix faulty sockets, and more.
3 factors to consider when investing in lighting installation services
Here at NBL Electrics, we want you to get the most out of your lighting installations services. So, whether you’re renovating your home, improving the ambience of your office space, or replacing an out-of-date fixture, we suggest considering these 3 key factors.
1. The size of the room or space
The size of your room or space will determine the number of lighting fixtures you will need. If you’re renovating, building, or extending your home, take this opportunity to ensure years of practical lighting. If you’re updating or repairing your lighting fixtures, it might be worth installing a couple more.
2. The purpose of the lighting
The purpose of the lighting will determine the type of lighting fixture you will need. There are three categories of lighting to consider:
- General lighting. The goal of general lighting is to illuminate a space evenly. General lighting may consist of one, central lighting fixture, or multiple smaller fixtures.
- Accent lighting. This showcases interesting features of your home, and adds mood and ambience.
- Task lighting. Often found in the kitchen and bathroom, task lighting is very bright, and improves workspace functionality.
3. The type of light bulb
Households and workplaces across Australia use a number of different light bulbs. Let’s have a look at the top five most common.
- LED (Light Emitting Diode). LEDs are a popular choice due to their energy efficiency and long lifespan. We offer our clients FREE upgrades to LED downlights, with the help of government rebates.
- Although currently the most widespread light bulb, the standard incandescent is not very energy efficient and has a short lifespan.
- Halogen globes are fast being replaced by LEDs. Although they offer bright, white light, they consume a lot of energy and operate at hot temperatures.
- Fluorescent tube. Tubes are often used to illuminate large areas, such as garages.
- Compact fluorescent lamps. These bulbs are moderately efficient, and give off considerably less heat than incandescent and halogen lamps.
Our electrical lighting services
Whatever your lighting requirements, the friendly team at NBL Electrics is here to help. Common lighting services we carry out for our clients include:
- Diagnosis of faults
- All lighting installations in both commercial and residential premises
- Lighting upgrades
- Bulb replacements
- Light switch repair or replacement
- Dimmer installation
- Accent lighting installation
- Task lighting installation
- Free upgrades to LED downlights
I will give NBL Electrics 5 Stars. I had Nathan and Carl today to change over my downlight in my home. They’re very professional and efficient. I’m very happy with the service and reasonable price. Will definitely contact them again for our electrical needs.